Senior Front-End UI Designer/Developer
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a full-time Front-End UI Designer / Developer who will be responsible for designing and developing next generation UI for the Newsroom.ly platform. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who obsesses over making the complex simple and thrives in an iterative environment with short feedback loops.
About The Role
- Turn ideas into interfaces and deliver features from concept to launch
- Engage with the senior leadership team to comprehend functional challenges, prototype new ideas and new technologies, and help to create innovative solutions
- Create intuitive visualizations of large scale data and analytics using strong user experience principles
- Propose and leverage the latest technologies and frameworks
- Define proper code patterns and conventions and employ them to deliver clear business outcomes (such as mobile first responsive development and building in respect to the ARIA principles)
- Build and maintain the infrastructure/architecture aspects of our front end stack
- Exceptional design skills with the ability to create both low and high fidelity mock-ups
- Expert level understanding of
- Presentation technologies – LESS, CSS, HTML5, browser-specific properties
- Frontend frameworks – Angular4, typescript
- Tools – git, npm, ng cli
- Ability to quickly estimate work and deliver clear business outcomes
Extra points for:
- .Net/.Net core development
- Database skills (SQL, ElasticSearch)
- Linux OS bash skills (if you are a vi and sed guru we would love that!)
- Docker/nginx experience
- Understanding of computer networking
- Experience with AWS
On offer is a competitive salary, use of the latest technologies and the opportunity to make your mark with a progressive and entrepreneurial organisation. Your career development will be personalised to ensure that you reach your potential and deliver strong results consistently.
Your success and growth in this role will ensure you have strong career progression with a company where you can make an impact.
There’s a lot to get done, so if you have the relevant experience and passion, take the initiative and apply at email@example.com.